Kihara Office Project
We are SO excited to launch the Kihara Office Project for our partners Young Positives Empowered to Adhere (YPEA)!
A Strong Partnership
As you know, Let Us Move Mountains partners with already existing Ugandan organizations and schools to help them in sustainability and/or grow their impact. We realized there were strong organizations and schools in Kyarusozi that just needed our support to prosper. Kihara Office is a giant step toward YPEA’s mission to promote positive living and minimize discrimination for children living with HIV and AIDS in the Kyarusozi community
A Place to Gather
The Kihara Office will be a gathering place for adults and children living with HIV to come together to share experiences and positive living practices. The children currently do not have a place to gather and learn about the virus they contracted at birth, and the adults willing to guide them have only a small space they rent.
Specific activities include:
- Mobilization and sensitization about the importance of accessing treatment
- Counseling services addressing the abstinence strategy and benefits of disclosure and adherence to treatment
- Follow up for further support on the service uptake
- Home based counseling and be supported on disclosure
- Mobilization to participate in Income Generating Activities for self-sustainability and financial literacy trainings
- Monthly meetings for information and experience sharing in different aspects hence reducing stigma
- Monthly praise and worship gatherings in support of one another
An Investment for Sustainable Change
We are raising $32,000 to complete this project. The $32,000 will pay for:
- Four room office building
- Two room residence and farm storage
- Piggery project
- Poultry project
A few months ago our USA home base, Clinton County, Illinois, lost two very special people: Jake Schrage of St. Rose and Tripp Kharibian of Albers. In lieu of flowers, their families asked for memorial donations for LUMM. We are using the $5,300 they collected to begin this Kihara Office Project. We are grateful to the Schrage and Kharibian families for thinking of us and believing in our mission. A memorial plaque for Jake and Tripp will be posted on the main office building upon completion.
How to Help
To help us raise the remaining $26,700 click the button:
Send a check written to Let Us Move Mountains to PO Box 341 Breese, Illinois 62230
If you have any further questions please contact Director, Katie Robben at email@example.com
Thank you all for your support and prayers! God is good all the time!